Atomic Open Heel Splitfin
Not all SplitFins are the same. Atomic Open Heel SplitFins have a flexible blade designed with Propeller-Fin™ technology so kicks feel very easy and slice through the water with very little drag. Even fish envy SplitFins when divers efficiently swim with more propulsion and less effort. And that means less air consumption.
Even with the slightest kick, the split blade deflects to form a pair of wings that slice through the water with reduced drag, creating lift in the forward direction to propel you ahead. Compared to conventional fins, the Atomic SplitFin® swims with less effort, stress and strain resulting in greater sustained speed, power and com-fort. Independent testing has shown that this design can significantly reduce air consumption
Atomic Open Heel Splitfin Features
- FLEX BATTENS Semi-rigid battens set in the soft elastomeric blade controls the precise wing shape to optimize thrust and reduce drag.
- SPLIT BLADE The split blade deflects with the slightest kick to form a pair of wings that slice through the water with reduced drag, propelling you forward.
- HIGH SURFACE RATIO BLADE Large surface area blade improves pivoting, turning and alternate kicking styles.
- HINGE POINTS Thin, yet strong and highly flexible hinge points between the semi-rigid battens cause the blade to react quickly and efficiently to the slightest kick.
- ANATOMICALLY CORRECT FOOT POCKET Contoured to fit your foot without stress points, with semi-open toe for added comfort. POWER PLATE Internal sole plate creates rigid platform beneath the foot for greater power transfer to the blade yet allows for a soft, comfortable foot pocket.
- EZ-LOK BUCKLE SYSTEM An Atomic exclusive, our patented buckle system design features easy, one-handed quick release of the buckle from the fin. Re-attachment is simple and secure (U.S. Patent NO. 6,463,640).
- VARIABLE GEOMETRY SPRING HEEL STRAPS Unique rust-resistant Stainless Steel springs are designed with variable pitch geometry for easy stretching, yet resistant to deformation if overstretched. A slight pull on the large finger grip stretches the spring to quickly and easily slide your fins on or off. Available for all Atomic Fins and a Universal retrofit for most other brands.
- WARRANTY & CARE Atomic Aquatics fins are warranted against defects for a period of one year. Keep out of direct sunlight when possible to avoid color fading. Store your fins with the foot pocket inserts in place and in a manner that prevents deforming.